Virginia Outside Beagle Association
~~Hound Hunting News and Schedule~~
2016-17 Outside Trial Schedule
Hunt 1 Greenway Hunt Club Sept 10, 2016
Hunt 2 Callaville Hunt Club Jan 21, 2017
Hunt 3 Cato Hill Hunt Club Feb 4, 2017
Hunt 4 Hard Luck/Arvonia Hunt Clubs Feb 18, 2017
Hunt 5 Redbank Hunt Club Feb 25, 2017
Hunt 6 March 11, 2017 Greenway Hunt Club
Hunt 7 Championship Hunt March 18, 2017 Callaville Hunt Club
To Join the Va Outside Beagle Assoc you can simply join at one of our scheduled events or at our annual meeting which is generally in the summer months. Or you can mail your $25 membership in the form of a money order, if you wish to mail me your membership please email me and I'll give you the address information to send it. I will need your name, kennel name if you have one, address-city-state-zip, and your phone number. Thanks for your support, V.O.B.A.
Directions to Hunts
- Callaville Hunt Club- Off Interstate-95 take exit 20 west (Jarratt) to first stop light go straight across 301 and thru town of Jarratt. You will be on Allen rd and will drive by the wood mill plant, about a mile or so after that make a right on Wyatts Mill Rd come to the cross roads at purdy and stay straight and rd will turn into Smokey Ordinary Rd. Go about another 3 miles and the Callaville club house will be on your right. (**GPS 2967 Smoky Ordinary Rd, Freeman Va 23856)
- Cato Hill Hunt Club- Take exit 11 Rt-58 west off Interstate-95 to first traffic light (Purdy road) and make a right, drive about 4 miles to you come to Grassy Pond rd and take a left, then go about 1 1/2 and clubhouse will be on your right in the back of a bean field look for Cato Hill hunt club "The Cabin" sign by road. The psy address which will put you by the club driveway is 1628 Grassy Pond Rd.
- Greenway Hunt Club- Buckingham VA, Address is Cunningham Rd. Wingina, VA 24599. That will put them on the gravel rd just past the state park entrance. The club house drive is the first gravel driveway on the right off of Cunningham Rd and has a clubhouse sign saying Greenway HC. They can also use the James River State Park address of 751 Park Rd. Gladstone, VA 24553. From Richmond, travel west on Rt. 60 towards Amherst for about 95 miles. Turn right onto Rt. 605 (Riverside Dr.), and go 7 miles till you see the James River State Park entrance on the left. Continue past the state park entrance forabout 500 yards and turn right into the clubhrouse driveway.
- Red Bank Hunt Club- Lunenburg VA 1) 460 to blackstone . Go threw blackstone on rt 40 till you get to Kenbridge. Take left on Rt 138 go about six miles take right on Brickland rd. Six miles club on left. 2) Off 85 exit 15 brings you to rt 1. Take left go 1/4 mile take right on rt 138 go about six miles an take left on brickland rd. Drive six miles an club house on the left. 3) Rt 58 to southhill. Take right on rt 1 ( Atlantic st.). 1/2 mile take left on to Chaptico rd.should be old gas station an a blue H--hospital sign. Go 8 to 9 miles take right on Brickland rd. 1/2 mile on right is club house. GPS: 3006 Brickland RdSouth Hill, VA 23970
Contact us at : Flippsbigcountry@gmail.com
1) The question was asked, "Are we going to have any hunts at fox preserves or pens"; and the answer is yes we have an annual Old Timers & Puppy Hunt each year towards the end of spring.
2) "Do we have to pay the membership to participate in the VOBA hunts"? No, you can run with us but to receive points for your dog(s) you have to be a member. The dues need to be paid by the first trial if you wish to obtain points.